Delivery Driver - Dallas, Texas
If you are a licensed CDL (minimum Class B) driver who is looking for a rewarding opportunity with an established company, join the FreshOne Distribution Services team! We are seeking a Delivery Driver to deliver refrigerated goods to customer stores. As a Delivery Driver, you will ensure the safety of each delivery from the moment you leave the facility until you have completed and closed out each job. Products delivered vary depending on region and customer needs. They are typically Dairy, Bread, Refrigerated goods and fresh fruit. You will be making deliveries in temperature controlled straight trucks. These deliveries may be made directly to the store cooler/Store room in accordance with customer specifications.
Your specific duties as a Delivery Driver may include but not limited to:
- Treating customers in a friendly and professional manner at all times.
- Conducting a safe work environment during each delivery (includes setting out cones, engaging flashers)
- Adhering to assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely (including the route to take to the location, where to unload product at the store and so forth)
- Using policies set in place to avoid damaging property when parking or transporting products.
- Retrieve all empty totes from customer locations every delivery.
- Treating customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Obeying all regulatory agency and company safety directives, particularly with regard to operating near overhead awnings.
- Calling supervisor to handle difficult situations and when necessary and to report any instances of customer dissatisfaction
- Completing a thorough load check on your truck before leaving Production facility, ensuring that all delivery products are firmly secured and all parts of your truck are in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Communication to handle customer dissatisfaction must be reported at all timesCompleting and filing all logs and required government paperwork in a precise and timely Providing the customer with an invoice on completion of each delivery
Specific qualifications for the Delivery Driver position include:
Valid Class A or B CDL license and a clean driving record
- The ability to lift 25-75 pounds repeatedly (your most common cargo will be 40 pound plastic tote containers/boxes)
- Ability to pass a drug test on hire and pass all random tests
- Ability to pass a background check as well as a driving record check
- Refrigerated experience a plus but not required
As a Delivery Driver, you will receive on-the-job training, which may include being paired with a veteran driver for a short time to orient you to your new duties. Since we prefer to promote from within, you may have opportunities for advancement. We value your hard work and professional dedication as a Delivery Driver and will reward you with a competitive compensation package, including benefits.
Your benefits package as a Delivery Driver may include:
- Employee status
- Health Insurance Option
- Optional Dental, and vision coverage
- Company paid Life insurance
- 401(k) with company matching up to 3%
- Safety Incentive Program
- 1 week vacation after first full year of employment
Make the most of your CDL driving experience! Apply now!
Location: Dallas, Texas