Full Job Description
FreshOne is a 16-year-old company built on a heritage of our core values and customer focus. In the past few years, we have completed a transition from a food provider (prepackaged grab and go) to a food logistics company. Thus, we are like a startup that is growing quickly and looking for Team Members who want to help us build a great company. “Building” includes new and improved processes and utilizing technology where we can. As a Team Member, you are the FreshOne culture. It is our employees who have fueled the Company’s growth into an industry-leading provider of custom food transportation and temperature-controlled warehousing solutions. Your commitment to our people/culture and dedication to operational excellence are the most important contributions you can make. We are counting on you to exercise your talents, creativity, and leadership as a vital member of the FreshOne team.
FreshOne’s Core Focus:
To build a Great Logistics Company that Delights our customers through delighted Team Members while positively impacting lives.
FreshOne’s Core Values by which you will be reviewed (excluding the first):
- What we do is centered around Christ
- As Leaders, We serve
- We think and act like owners
- We are Internally focused so that we can be outwardly Awesome
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We grow so our team can grow
CDL drivers transport goods between locations using tractor-trailers and heavy trucks. They often travel extensive distances to deliver their loads and must adhere to traffic and safety regulations while still making their deliveries on time. The routes may change according to the loads and loading of the trucks when asked by the manager.
- Perform safety checks of brakes, steering column, lights and mirrors prior to each leg of journey to ensure road readiness
- Follow and maintain loading protocols, using chains and binders to secure cargo and re-checking their stability throughout trips
- Inspect trailers before and after loading, paying attention to status of air lines and jack positions and adjusting them as necessary
- Contribute to company data by honestly recording times of delivery and hours worked
- Assist in unloading cargo when delivery sites are understaffed, maintaining product quality throughout conveyance
- Always adhere to traffic safety regulations, exercise caution in treacherous circumstances and report unsafe vehicle or road conditions to supervisors and highway authorities
- Use GPS to stay informed of route information, and communicate with supervisors and colleagues using Samsara
- Keep the trucks clean on a daily basis upon arriving at the yard as part of post-trip.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- Truck driving 1 year (preferred)
- CDL License Class A or B
- Clean background
- Clean MVR
- Experience interacting with customers
- Able to use a pallet jack.
- Basic knowledge of yard courtesy and truck docking
- Flexibility to work in fast-paced environment, variable working hours
- Great attitude and joyful heart
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Driving: 1 year (Required)
- CDL A or B (Required)
Work Location: In person